Free Mobile Home Info
Home: Home Page: Content Page

Bent frame of mobile home

by Debi
(Benton tn)

back end

back end

What question should I ask my insurance adjuster about a bent frame of my mobile home. A suv hit the back end and moved the home 4-5 inches. The front end of the trailer is facing the opposite of the back end.The adjuster believes it can be repaired.The strucal engineer will inspect some time next week. And I don't know what I should ask.

Comments for Bent frame of mobile home

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 05, 2012
Retrofitting damaged mainframe
by: Anonymous

You can hire a welder to section out the damaged components. You can purchase trailer frame components from mainframe manufacturers. Look on the tongue for the mfg or do a google search. This should all be covered under your insuracne.

From the pix it looks like youll need a couple of cross members plus whatever length of I, C or J longitudinal beam that was damaged. Any longitudinal beam will have to be fish plated (spliced) with some 1/4 inch flatstock.

Contact Scott Oliver of Oliver Technologies in Hoenhald TN. He's had experience with damaged frames after the 1994 Northridge earthquake.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to YOUR Questions and Answers.