Free Mobile Home Info
Home: Home Page: Content Page

Utility repair responsibility

I own my moble home and live in a moble home community where I pay a monthly lot rental fee. If there is a plumbing leak some where underground who is responsible for the repair?

Comments for Utility repair responsibility

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Sep 30, 2011
Utility repair responsiility
by: John Arendsen

If it's a park infrastructure issue the park owner/manager has the responsibility. The rule of thumb is the park's responsibility stops at the pedistal. The pedistal is where everything hooks up to your home.

From there it's your responsibility. So if you have a plumbing link that's connected to your home it's your responsibility to repair it. Now, having said that, many underground sewer, water & electrical mains run undert the homes from pedistal to pedistal.

So if there's a leak under your home that's not directly connected to your home then it's an infrastructure issue and the park's responsibility.

Sep 30, 2011
Need a contractor
by: Anonymous

You are; however depending on the rules in the park , you have to get a responsible contractor to do the work.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to YOUR Questions and Answers.